hi guys, there isn’t a magazine for this month but i will do a couple of blog posts instead. hope everyone is doing well. finals are literally banging on my door and studying has officially started.
I don’t know what everyone’s Christmas plans are, but i plan to sleep. Go nowhere and just sleep for a long time. but if i was home, there would be so much tradition. from Christmas decorations, to presents, to the meals and the visits and parties. Christmas is really an event for my family and I’m a bit sad that I wont be there for it this year. I do however, have some gift inspiration for you. we all know someone who is just a little too involved with the arts or involved in creating things and they are usually hard to shop for- I know I am. here are a list of things that you can get to put a smile on one little weirdo’s face this holiday season.
FOR THE FINE ARTISTS
- Copic markers to take their illustrations to the next level
- Sketch pad to keep all their work in the same place. I like wire bound because i can open the page all the way and rip it out fairly easily if i need to.
- Drawing prompt book for those low inspiration days. [imagine the endless possibilities]
FOR MESSY ARTISTES
- Pottery handbook and tools to pick up a new skill and get their hands dirty
- How do you keep a journal but also make fun memories? You get a “wreck this” journal.
- PLUS THEY CAN RECORD THEIR EXPERIENCES WITH THE NEW SKILL IN THE JOURNAL
FOR THE POETS
- Anything by Rupi Kaur
- Letters to a young poet by Rainer Mariner Rilke for that blend of poetry and philosophy
- Anything from the queen herself- Maya Angelou
- The perfect listening experience.
- record player
- vinyl to start their collection
- high quality headphones
- Soundtrack book to their favorite musical. yep. that’s all they need. if it comes with a CD, big bonus
- Yearlong pass to the local theater
- Vintage leather bound journal p.s. make sure its vegan but if its authentic, it should be vintage. animals shouldn’t have to suffer.
- One of their favorite quotes framed for constant inspiration.
- The fanciest of pens for all those brilliant ideas
- Water proof writing pad for those shower ideas because the shower is our favorite thinking spot
- Polaroid printer for all the aesthetic goals
- HIGH TECH portable charger
- reusable water bottle. saving the environment is priority always. no time for plastic
- kick ass planner because we stay on the grind
- Coding classes. Coding is the future but you already know that.
- Home Assistant. there’s literally a billion of them now; i like Alexa or echo
- high speed versatile laptop. i recommend the windows pro 4
- adobe creative cloud subscription
That concludes our gifting sessions today. Go forth during this gift buying frenzy and bless your loved ones with gifts to explore their creativity. Maybe you’ll get something even cooler. you never know 🙂
Comment below: What gift would you love to get this year?